ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help with VisitURL

(1/2) > >>

lanux128:
i am trying out this program called VisitURL (which is btw, from the author of KeyNote). since i prefer VisitURL not to minimize after launching URLs, i unchecked this setting: Options > Misc > Browser settings > Minimize visit.

however, i noticed that a error message pops-up if i disable that setting. since the program is discontinued, i was hoping that someone here may be able to provide a work-around for this. :)

• http://www.tranglos.com/free/visiturl.html

mouser:
message tranglos so he see's the post :)

lanux128:
good idea, mouser. :Thmbsup: ok, done that! btw, don't worry, i also have a bug report to bug you with.. :)

mouser:
damn it i knew i should have stayed in lurker mode!

tranglos:
however, i noticed that a error message pops-up if i disable that setting. since the program is discontinued, i was hoping that someone here may be able to provide a work-around for this. :)
-lanux128 (July 03, 2007, 10:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, I don't recall much about what's going on in VisitURL there, and don't know if I'll be able to recompile it anymore. I do know that the ShellExecute call (used to start programs as well as launch URLs) sometimes returns weird return values, and it is entirely possible that VisitURL interprets an okay value as error.

What OS are you using? (And I hope it's XP or 2000, because these are the only ones I can test with ;) FWIW, I am not seeing this behavior on XP, and it shouldn't be happening under Win95 either, since I was using 95 to develop the app.

Secondly, when the error message shows, does the browser still launch with the correct URL?

Thirdly: when the "Always default" checkbox is checked, VisitURL ignores the browser specified in the edit box (it launches the url directly, and the system takes care of picking the correct browser app.). Could you please try unchecking that box and see if the error goes away?

marek

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version