ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Form Letter Machine

Install the program without administrative rights?

(1/2) > >>

kimajac:
Hi:
I would like to use the program on my company machine.  While the program runs, it does not save the created file.  Is there something I can do so that it will run with having to run the installer?

mouser:
im ashamed to say that a member here has asked me to make the save location configurable for quite some time and i have just been slowing in doing so.

until then though, you can solve the problem by simply copying the program directory to a directory where the user can write, and running it from there.

kimajac:
I did that, but the program does not retrieve the file.  Is the problem that the dat file must be in the program file folder?  Thanks

mouser:
your program directory should look like:

and to have your file loaded by default, you need to save your tree configuration in the userdata\trees subdirectory.

kimajac:
Thanks for the help.  A quick question.  I would like to be able to add comments to the letter on the fly.  That is, I am using the program as a checklist for doing an inspection.  I click the appropriated button or check box and the generic verbage is added.  However, with each inspection, their is a custom component.  I have to paste the resulting document into several other programs.  It would not be efficient to paste into one and update that one and then cut and paste again.  Do you have a recommended "best way" to add custom text without changing the original tree for the next inspection?

Thanks 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version