ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: timer that counts resting, interruptions, and work as separate entries

<< < (2/3) > >>

app103:
I am going to be working on Instant Boss as soon as the weather cools down (the fall). It's hot & nasty here right now and there is no air conditioning in the room in which I have my PC. Not a good environment for thinking.

I have some plans for better logging that I am going to try to do. Everything will be logged. A lot of what you are asking for will be on tabs, within the application's log window.

Hopefully I'll be able to manage writing the logs to xml. That can open up a lot of possibilities for what you can do with that data, and other applications that can use it. You could even display it on your website or in a desktop widget (if someone makes one, but let's not get too far ahead just yet).

This is something I have really wanted to do. I feel it is desperately needed. The logging it currently does and how it is displayed isn't enough. Up until now I wasn't sure how I wanted to go about doing it and presenting it. I just couldn't visualize it.

I am also going to be doing something about that 'forgetting' and give you an option to automatically pause the application under certain conditions.

And, it will also have the ability to automatically open files, launch applications, and run scripts at designated points within your work cycle.

tomos:
Wow, sound great App  :Thmbsup: good luck with it -

Off topic bits:
I know what you mean about the heat - a couple of summers ago it was round the 100 to 110 mark (36 to 40°) here for a long time & I was working in a room under the roof (as they say here)
Thats when you notice a CRT monitor & a computer are really heaters in disguise..

"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." -- Albert Einstein-app's sig
--- End quote ---
;D ;D

Ath:
UrlWolf,
Wouldn't WorkRave fit your requirements? It doesn't have as nice statistics that WorkPace has, but it's free (Open Source, actually), and that can't surely be said of WorkPace :(
I've been using it for about 5 years now, as a restbreak timer, and have been pleased with it from the start. (After using WorkPace for about 1 year, which is also quite Ok, except for the pricetag)

The always on Top requirement can be filled by the display as a Toolbar in the Windows taskbar. (If that's not set to autohide)
It doesn't show the exact counters mentioned, but you can display most of that on demand, from the systemtray menu.

The main purpose of WorkRave is to try to avoid RSI related injuries, and I assume it's what you eventually want this utility for?

HTH
Ton
[Edit]
The WorkRave website is rather Dutch (sorry) but most should be able to find the Download link...

urlwolf:
HI Ath,

actually, avoiding RSI is not the point of this program as much as avoiding distraction :)

I have used workrave in the past; I stopped because it's pretty obstrussive.
Thanks anyway!

wreckedcarzz:
:up: I think it would be a good idea, and I might be able to use it, I put things off a lot, and spend a lot more time at the PC then I should. :) One question though, would you be able to pause the entire program (like while I am playing games)? :tellme:

I would be willing to give it a shot, coding it in AHK, but I am tied up with a couple other things I am doing with that. Maybe, but not right now. :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version