ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

PrinterList 0.0.0.4 - My FARR2 Plugin Contest Submission #1

(1/5) > >>

taichimaster:
PrinterList 0.0.0.4

This plugin allows you to set your default printer based on your selection. There's currently only 1 adv.config option which allows you "Leave FARR window open after launching".

Mouser mentioned a trick where you could add multiple instances of the same printer but with different settings.  So you could have a list of profiles and easily switch among them.  I haven't tried this myself though, maybe mouser can elaborate  :Thmbsup:

HP 2350 - HiRes
HP 2350 - LoRes
HP 2350 - Color
HP 2350 - GreyScale

Installation:
Extract the zip file to the farr2 plugins directory then reload the plugins from the plugins listing screen.

Screenshot:

Version History

v0.0.0.1 (July 2nd, 2007)   
Initial Release

v0.0.0.2 (July 2nd, 2007)   
[FIX] Restart search and refresh Display regardless of user options

v0.0.0.3 (July 3rd, 2007)   
[NEW] Added Option to change launch action to "Display Printing Queue"

v0.0.0.4 (July 4th, 2007)
[NEW] Changed name to "PrinterList" and alias to "plist"
[FIX] Fixed a bug where the search is always restarted without any argument

Comments and constructive criticisms are welcome!

mouser:
i LOVE this plugin!
i have configured multiple copies of my laster printer, one for duplex, one for hires, one for lores draft mode, and this make its very easy to switch between them. LOVE IT!

ps. taichi, this is your 2nd entry (remember nwconn? can you make a standalone post about it since its hard to find?)

lanux128:
i too have configured my printers in multiple settings. this plugin will come in very handy.. :up: thanks taichi - master of Farr plugins.. ;)

edbro:
Great plugin, thanks. How do you setup multiple copies of a printer driver?

mouser:
Great plugin, thanks. How do you setup multiple copies of a printer driver?
--- End quote ---

go to printers in your control panel and click add printer, then make an additional printer item for your existing printer.
then right click on this new printer and choose properties, set some different properties for it and give it a new name.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version