ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Word Processor Roundup

Writing Software

<< < (3/4) > >>

TomColvin:
Thanks for the hint about how to change HEADER TITLE in mid-stream -- it's done.

And thanks for the reminder about Mobysaurus, long on my list of programs to recommend to my blog readers.  I never realized there was a connection with DonationCoders, an extra bonus.

Armando:
The ease of tagging in Evernote seems like it might be very helpful for my needs
-tomos (July 12, 2007, 08:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Especially if you rely on the "keyword filtering" functionality : just create small abbreviations that you can quickly enter in your texts (while you write) and associate these abbreviations with categories (properties-->filter--> "Automatically assign this category to all notes that have the following keywords:"

tomos:
searched here & in Tom's blog but couldnt find anything about this
(havent tried it myself)

TextArranger is a multiple textbook manager
which provides up to 5 separate textbooks. Each
textbook can contain an unlimited number of different
texts ordered in a hierarchical tree structure. So it is
easy to combine texts of the same context in a folder
and keep a clear overview of the information.

LINK HERE!Feature Overview:
# Richtext, Bitmap and JPEG support
# Folders of different colors
# Textbook Compression
# Strong text encryption (Blowfish)
# External editors can be used
# Custom colors and font
# System tray support
# Detailed help file
Writing Software

Free/Donationware!

TomColvin:
Tomos, thanks for the alert about TextArranger.  I just looked it over and tried to figure out just how I would use it.  I haven't come up with any ideas that are not covered by other software just as well.  Maybe I'm missing something.  How would you put it to use, as a writer?

On the other hand, at the same site is Zero Timer.  I've had this one on my computer for over a year now -- very useful as a countdown timer, though in the package are also clocks that do other things as well.    Zero Timer is free, kinda -- one assigns a separate clock to a single project, but one must pay for multiple clocks with the same function.  Therefore, Zero Timer is a good, free alternative to track one project.  However, I've come to prefer Countdown Pro, which handles many projects in a single window, scrolling through them [it has a neat screensaver module too].  If my memory is correct, Countdown Pro costs $15.  I've been meaning to review these two programs, but other topics always seem to get my attention.

Tom

--- ---http://www.becoming-a-writer-seriously.com

tomos:
Tomos, thanks for the alert about TextArranger.  I just looked it over and tried to figure out just how I would use it.  I haven't come up with any ideas that are not covered by other software just as well.  Maybe I'm missing something.  How would you put it to use, as a writer?-TomColvin (July 19, 2007, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

First:
well I just came across it in my download folder & went to the web page for a look (hadn't even gotten round to installing it.. so thanks for checking it out!)
Second:
I'm not very familiar with software for writing (learning from your blog though!)
Third: :-[ I aspire to write ... as opposed to being "a writer"  :D

PS you can just paste a URL - it will automatically show up as a link. I'm sure there's a post somewhere telling you how to get fancier with links (if you want!)... will look see

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version