ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ZoneLabs makes the worst garbage ever!

(1/3) > >>

nite_monkey:
ZoneLabs, the makers of ZoneAlarm firewall, makes the worst programs EVER! They are worst than viruses! All the viruses I have ever had only make 1 to a couple of programs stop working, where as ZoneLabs' crap makes EVERYTHING stop working. I installed their firewall on my computer a long time ago, it crashed my computer, I had to put my hard drive in a different computer, and remove the firewall, and just today I installed their internet security suite, because I had forgot that I had already tried their firewall, and then when it told me to restart my computer and got back to windows, the piece of crap blocked everything on my computer from running, so I had to restart into safe mode and uninstall it. When I say it blocked everything, I mean, when ever I try to open anything, it instantly crashes before it opens. I couldn't even open the task manager. The only thing I could open was my computer. So I will never be using anything ZoneLabs makes ever again. If you have had any problems with their garbage, let me know, I want to see what problems other people are having.

Josh:
I never had any of the described problems when I trialed their internet security suite (which is still installed and running). Yes, by default, it makes you setup rules for your apps, but after that it has been smooth sailing.

As for having to swap your hard drive to another computer, I honestly dont see how this would allow you to fix something that having it installed in the other PC wouldnt unless you had other HARDWARE issues on the original PC.

nite_monkey:
no what I meant by putting it in a different computer was putting it in as a second hard drive.

f0dder:
*shrug*

I never had a problem with ZoneLabs software, when I used it several years ago. Perhaps you have some flaky windows install, perhaps there's some software conflict, etc... not to be overly defensive of ZoneLabs, but I haven't heard of a lot of people with with bad problems.

nudone:
i gave up using firewalls because of zone alarm - but i won't repeat all that again - oh, okay then, there appears to be a common problem with the ZA firewall when you uninstall it or update it - tried all the work arounds i could find online - didn't work. had the same problem on friends machines - so i gave up.

f0dder gave me good reasons not to bother with a firewall so i won't complain about ZA too much - well, it is pathetic that it can't even update/uninstall/reinstall itself. up until that point i'd been a happy user of ZA for many years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version