ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - DcUpdater - 1.32.01 - May 9, 2017

<< < (4/26) > >>

Josh:
mouser, I have a few suggestions:

1. Version history included in the update list.

2. Only run one copy of the program at any time (Dont allow more than that, I've come to my pc with 4-5 copies running).

3. Ability to kill already running copies of existing applications so that a reboot is not required.

Thoughts?

mouser:
im working on #2 right now, and #1 is planned.

cranioscopical:
there are 2 places the updater gets info about programs it can update:

* The custom list in the "Extra Update Files" tab
    * The directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DonationCoder\DcUpdater\RedirectFiles
--- End quote ---

If I drag and drop, say FARR, onto the updater, the path appears nicely in the 'extra update files' tab-window but FARR doesn't appear on the updates tab, nor is it checked for updates.  I don't have an entry for FARR in DcUpdater\RedirectFiles.

What have I missed?

mouser:
im about to release an improved update checker and i will modify drag+drop to handle this case --
basically it expects you to drop a folder or .dcupdate file, and i assume you are dropping the exe?
im just going to make the updater drop the parent folder, which is the best thing to do i think.

Curt:
Could it have a line in the context menu saying Introduce to DCUpdater, (or whatever), so I can click any installed program's folder, and DCUpdater will both check and remember this program?

When I first ran filehippo it found some twenty updates, and I was so excited. But of course the very next thought was how to update the 300 other programs? I believe the implied full DCUpdater can fill an enormous gap, if it turns out also to be simple to use!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version