ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - DcUpdater - 1.32.01 - May 9, 2017

<< < (19/26) > >>

mouser:
i've pushed out another update because the previous version (beta) was linking to mfc71.dll, the microsoft runtime dll which isn't installed on all windows PCs, because that would be too easy -- resulting in an error for such users*.  (if the crash resurfaces, we will know that this was the cause).

* one day i predict it will be revealed that half of microsoft was infiltrated 15 years ago with people determined to sabotage the company from within.. nothing else could explain the consistently stupid self destructive behavior from such a smart company.

cranioscopical:
Call me dim if you must ( :o) but…

DcUpdater used to run automatically here but always failed. Following the failure, a relaunch ran mainly without problems. So, I stopped the automatic invocation of DcU. 

I can neither recall nor find where/how to re-enable automatic periodic checking. Please, can somebody remind me?

mouser:
strangely enough, you can't really ask dcupdater to generically run automatic update checks.
only FARR has an auto update check that invokes it, and you can access that from the FARR options tab "Plugins and Updates".

superboyac:
strangely enough, you can't really ask dcupdater to generically run automatic update checks.
only FARR has an auto update check that invokes it, and you can access that from the FARR options tab "Plugins and Updates".
-mouser (September 08, 2010, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah!  i think that was the thing causing my crashes.  I had to go in and disable that setting in FARR.

cranioscopical:
-mouser (September 08, 2010, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks! Now I can check to see if you have solved the problems I was having.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version