ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - DcUpdater - 1.32.01 - May 9, 2017

<< < (16/26) > >>

y0himba:
Download page still says Aug 19 of last year?  :huh:

mouser:
thanks for pointing that out, fixed now.

jnulu:
For the past few days, without any warning, I frequently get an error message that says
"DonationCoder.com DcUpdater tool has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience".
Please tell Microsoft about this problem etc.
This happens even when I am not invoking FARR which is running quietly in the system tray.

Then when I try to "check for updates now" from the FARR window, I see that I have no updates for FARR
but for DcUpdater, I see that it is trying to retrieve the latest updates, and then I get this error message again.
I close the error message and simultaneously, FARR window also closes, but is still seen running in the system tray.
After trying two more times, I learn that there are no updates without the error message appearing.

I am using Windows XP Pro with SP3 and use Opera browser v.10.10 which is the latest stable version.
Would appreciate any help in resolving this issue. Thanks!

mouser:
one thing you might do while i look into this is disable scheduled update checking from within farr, and just check for updates manually.  won't solve your problem per se, but will stop it from happening while you aren't around.

does the computer you are using go to sleep/standby/hibernate ?

Deozaan:
I would recommend locking this thread (and other LATEST VERSION INFO THREADS) so that only you can post in it, mouser, to announce the latest updates on the software.

If people need troubleshooting help, they should start a new topic.

I'm subscribed to this thread to be notified of updates, and while I'm all for helping people out who are experiencing trouble with the software, posts to this thread really should be limited only to updates.

Yes, I realize I'm contradicting myself by posting here, but I thought having this in context here would help exemplify why I recommend locking it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version