Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 24, 2014, 04:02:03 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: tcl error handeling won`t work after using mircryption for eggdrop  (Read 7446 times)
supra
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: June 29, 2007, 05:39:29 PM »

I tell you how to reproduce the error.

bind pub - !prof proftest

proc proftest { args } {
   invalid_command
}
This small code is enough to show you. Now go on partyline, load the script and type !prof in any unencrypted channel. On partyline you will see Tcl error [proftest]: invalid command name "invalid_command". All ok so far.

But if you type !prof in an encrypted channel no error will be shown on the partyline.

I think this is worth to be changed.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 06:28:34 PM »

i have no idea about this, BUT there is a tcl pro who hangs out in the mircryption channel on irc (#mircryption on efnet), and he would be a very good person to talk to about this.  His nickname is heidel.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 06:54:01 PM by mouser » Logged
supra
Participant

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 08:19:03 PM »

Well, I don`t think the problem is on my side. That`s why I made a a bug report and told you how to reproduce the bug. I posted here to get sure that it´s really a bug and not my mistake.

Since it seams he is one of mircryption`s contributors please redirect him to this topic since I don`t know him.

I could also try to look myself deep into your source and figure out how to change this behavor, but  it would take my an big amount of time because I use another style of formating. You also did not state that you are looking for new contributors. Guess he could fix that bug in less time.

I also do other tests, I am about to reproduce another bug with a short as possible code.
EDIT: Found it. Here another bug.

.tcl putquick "mode #channel +o nickname" -next
Tcl error: wrong # args: should be "putquickmc putlinetext"

Works with normal eggdrop, won`t work after mircryption tcl addon is loaded. It`s caused due the -next parameter. Wink
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 08:39:38 PM by supra » Logged
supra
Participant

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 06:47:18 PM »

About the worktogether with mirccryption and the tcl addon.

- Go to the eggdrop script settings and set a key for your nickname (mirc client).
- Now go to eggdrops console.
- See private messages to the, type console +m.
- Now use your mirc client and type /query yournickname message.
- You will see that message on eggdrops console.
- Now activate mirc encryption and send other message and the bug is that you won`t see that message though +m.

##########################

- Another thing, set up a key in your mirc client for the bot and input the same key in your eggdrop settings.
- Ff you send an encrypted message from the eggdrop to the mirc though putquick then the mirc can decrypt and read it.
- But if the user writes something on dcc partyline, the bot will just echo the encrypted text but and sure don`t understand what you want him to do.
- I guess this is not a real bug, but imho this is an important feature which is currently missing.
- Not that important, but another suggestion is to encrypt incoming and outgoing file transfers. I use that quite often to downloads logs from the bot or to update scripts from my local windrop to my eggdrop shell.

##########################

Btw, are you interested at bug reports/feature requests/suggestions at all?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 07:09:34 PM »

yes, definitely.. just keep in mind mircryption gets slow development attention.  After many many years of heavy development, it's just moved onto a slower stage.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 12:31:08 AM »

fixed in latest update here: http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=10874.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 1.36 ]