ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anyone planning on buying an iPhone?

(1/3) > >>

zridling:
Even if I had the money, I wouldn't, but you can see the future of the small computer right there. And it's pretty cool that Opera and Zoho have already built apps for it. But man, that is one expensive toy to maintain. And you know Apple's going to have one twice as powerful, fast, and more expensive next summer. But what about the smudge and ear-grease factor. I can see some dude showing off his iphone and his ear hair and wax is dripping off the display. Ewwwwww.

I hate talking on the phone so much, I only turn mine on if I'm expecting good news (like Hell freezing over).

nudone:
i wish we could have something like the pc market for this kind of thing (perhaps we will eventually), i mean, something of the iPhone dimensions but with the ability to cherry pick the internal hardware from different manufacturers.

that way you could upgrade through a few years of use instead of being expected to upgrade every year like the mobile phone market.

umm, i've just realised what i've said. it's never going to happen. the market has already proved that suckers, er sorry, i mean shoppers will upgrade every year without a single quarrel.

Deozaan:
I have no plans on buying anything branded Apple or i* at the moment, and no plans on those plans changing.

Lashiec:
I wasn't aware of Opera and Zoho movements. And definitely, the main problem with Apple products is that they look very good on the package, but once you open... ow, first scratch!

And no, I'm not going to buy it. I need to change my phone (the battery is dying), but spending 600 € on something so mundane... let the executives and rich kids do the purchases. Besides, phones are known for their short life, you'll need an insurance for this one.

I just picked this in another forum :o

cthorpe:
I wouldn't buy one, even if I could afford it.  Now if someone handed me a free one, I wouldn't refuse it cause they do look cool.  I just can't see spending that on a phone.

Carl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version