ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Request: Force NUMLOCK always on

<< < (3/4) > >>

jgpaiva:
ah, i misread the earlier posts but still a script written in AHK could monitor the situation and toggle the numlock status. i'll post one in a day or two if no one beats me to it.. ;) btw, Ralf what's the model of your Optiflex?
-lanux128 (June 30, 2007, 03:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
I also thought so,but apparently an ahk script that toggles the state of numlock has no effect on my computer, other than toggling the led that reports numlock's state...
Possibly it's because a laptop, but that means i can't test any script i make :(

lanux128:
i suspect that it's a laptop too, that's why i asked for the model because sometimes laptop manufacturers put in their own combinations with the Fn keys..

Ralf Maximus:
I've got an Optiplex GX620.  Love it, love it, love it.  Bought it for cheap at the Dell outlet store online.

USB keyboard, if that matters.  The only software I've discovered that it doesn't like is anything that tries to toggle the keyboard LED's in real-time according to disk activity.  No big loss. :-)

To summarize the thread so far:

0. Need a utility to monitor the state of NUMLOCK and switch it back on if it gets turned off, either by keyboard action (butterfingers) or via a rude application.

1. The "standard" AHK script to toggle NUMLOCK doesn't work here, but according to others it doesn't seem to work anywhere.

2. I have other AHK scripts purring along in the background that work fine.  I keep everything in autohotkey.ini, but a standalone .exe would be fine.

3. Hacking the registry only sets the state of NUMLOCK at startup.  Not my problem, since the Dell BIOS has a nice feature to configure that.

Thanks!

lanux128:
thanks Ralf, can you try this script and let me know if it works? since you already have AHK, i haven't compiled the script into an EXE. :)

NumLock Enforcer
• monitors and keeps your NumLock key on.
• needs Autohotkey.

the source; NumLock Enforcer
; To monitor and switch on the NumLock key
; Date: 01/07/2007  ;Last Updated: 01/07/2007
; Refer: hxxp://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=9018
; Changes since:
; *****
;
#SingleInstance force
;#NoTrayIcon  ;if you don't need a tray icon
#InstallKeybdHook
#Persistent

;Menu, tray, Icon, %A_WinDir%\System32\shell32.dll, 105
appname=NumLock Enforcer
SetTimer, EnforceNumLock, 500
Return

EnforceNumLock:
   NumLockStatus := GetKeyState("Numlock", "T")
    IfEqual, NumLockStatus, 0
      {
      SetNumLockState, On
      ;Uncomment the below line if you want some kind of feedback.
      ;TrayTip,%appname%,NumLock Status = On,,1
      }
Return

;Win+p pauses the script,just in case you need the NumLock.
#p::Pause

;Win+q exits...
#q::ExitApp

NumLock Enforcer.ahk (0.79 kB - downloaded 1950 times.)

Ralf Maximus:
Yayy!  That works!  Exactly what I need.

Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version