ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software to AVOID!

<< < (3/3)

f0dder:
well the company i mentioned here has discovered the error of their ways so i will remove this as far as i can.
-Grorgy (July 14, 2007, 12:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
You shouldn't remove a post because a company "has discovered the error of their ways" - better to strike-through the complaint, and then have a non-strikethrough notice under stating that they've nicened up. It's always good to see when somebody learns from their mistakes...

Darwin:
well the company i mentioned here has discovered the error of their ways so i will remove this as far as i can.
-Grorgy (July 14, 2007, 12:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
You shouldn't remove a post because a company "has discovered the error of their ways" - better to strike-through the complaint, and then have a non-strikethrough notice under stating that they've nicened up. It's always good to see when somebody learns from their mistakes...

-f0dder (July 31, 2007, 08:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yup - have to agree with this. I'd still like to know what their track record is and make a decision that takes it into account...

Darwin:
I use this moderately effective driver update program called Driver Genius Professional. It's a commercial app that was in the version 6.x range when I bought it. I received a couple of program updates which installed and ran normally. Then they decided to get greedy (and stupid)--they slipped in a newer "pay again" version 7 as an update. I downloaded and installed it only to find my product just reverted to trialware!

Man did this tick me off! To have a paid-for product suddenly go trial, with no warning or opportunity to install in parallel, that's unethical and sleazy. So I promptly yanked the new version off and reinstalled the older version (which I kept a copy of luckily, as the vendor had thoughtfully removed from their web site).
-Centauri27 (July 30, 2007, 03:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Incidentally, this happened to me as well but I contacted the developer and was sent a new key for v.7. I've subsequently uninstalled it because it seems a bit pointless to me (but then I'm on a notebook that is three years old). __fool__ __ money__ __ __. I'll let you fill in the blanks.

Darwin:
Just to clarify, the Walrus was Paul and I'm the fool...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version