ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software to AVOID!

<< < (2/3) > >>

zridling:
Ah, isn't that the inherent problem with forums — that guys like me don't pay attention to what's new and just dump everything into one of two sections?!  :-[  (Please move this to that section, since it would be easier to find and follow there.)

KenR:
Ah, isn't that the inherent problem with forums — that guys like me don't pay attention to what's new and just dump everything into one of two sections?! ...-zridling (June 28, 2007, 02:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting! I didn't know there was such a section. I assme it's new (?) as there are only a couple threads there. Does this one show up in the main RSS feed? So, thanks for bringing it to my (our) attention Zaine.

Ken

Tinman57:
  Anything with "Symantec" written on the package.....  Nuff Said....  :D

Grorgy:
well the company i mentioned here has discovered the error of their ways so i will remove this as far as i can.

Centauri27:
I use this moderately effective driver update program called Driver Genius Professional. It's a commercial app that was in the version 6.x range when I bought it. I received a couple of program updates which installed and ran normally. Then they decided to get greedy (and stupid)--they slipped in a newer "pay again" version 7 as an update. I downloaded and installed it only to find my product just reverted to trialware!

Man did this tick me off! To have a paid-for product suddenly go trial, with no warning or opportunity to install in parallel, that's unethical and sleazy. So I promptly yanked the new version off and reinstalled the older version (which I kept a copy of luckily, as the vendor had thoughtfully removed from their web site).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version