ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Ditto: yet another free clipboard manager

<< < (4/5) > >>

rjbull:
since I'm now following a keep-it-if-you-don't-miss-anything approach-brotherS (November 17, 2011, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ancient American proverb say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it..."  :)

I'm also too lazy to migrate all my important entries from the Ditto database-brotherS (November 17, 2011, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
I presume you could do that by running both programs at the same time, though you'd still have to do some work.  Also, don't overlook Ethervane Echo's ability to bulk import clips.

brotherS:
since I'm now following a keep-it-if-you-don't-miss-anything approach-brotherS (November 17, 2011, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ancient American proverb say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it..."  :)
-rjbull (November 18, 2011, 02:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hehe... yeah, but there's still a big difference between "settling for what's not broken" and my keep-it-if-you-don't-miss-anything approach. Most PC users I met (who are not *that* skilled on average) use a program because they somehow ended up with it. They might dislike it or miss features, but don't think of searching for a better solution because at least "it works".

I'm also too lazy to migrate all my important entries from the Ditto database-brotherS (November 17, 2011, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
I presume you could do that by running both programs at the same time, though you'd still have to do some work.  Also, don't overlook Ethervane Echo's ability to bulk import clips.
-rjbull (November 18, 2011, 02:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting... but I would probably still have to set all my "never auto-delete" entries to "never auto-delete" (or whatever it's called there) in Ethervane Echo. ;)

rjbull:
there's still a big difference between "settling for what's not broken" and my keep-it-if-you-don't-miss-anything approach.-brotherS (November 19, 2011, 02:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's an interesting view.  And given that in the UK, many of us are broke, maybe we'll be following your example  ;)

yksyks:
Exactly after one year a new version (3.18.20.0) is here. Just testing it under the Christmas tree. The global hotkeys for individual clips don't work at all, though.

EDIT: Even the latest beta doesn't work for any hotkey. The previous version worked fine.

Curt:
Clip shortcut keys can be global (you don't need to open ditto for your clip shortcut keys to work). New check box on the clip properties window.

New shortcut key window (right click on icon - Global hot keys) so you can see what clips are available globally and was ditto able to register the shortcut key.-Ditto
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version