ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Announcing a New Project

(1/2) > >>

SkyIDE:
I've started work on a brand new project.

Unlike the SkyIDE project, this one is aimed at ordinary desktop users.

It's a little toolbar similar to the MS Office 95 shortcut bar that fits into the title bar but mine will run on steroids -- it will be much more powerful. I believe it will have features not present in any other toolbar program and it will be very flexible.

Some features that I just completed:

Once fitted onto the titlebar, you have two little handles. Grab the left handle and the toolbar expands to the left. Grab the right handle (on the right edge) and it expands to the right. Press Ctrl and grab the right or left handle, the toolbar detaches itself off the titlebar and it is movable.

The rest of the features cannot be disclosed for now :D I have some big ideas and I am confident I can do it all :)

Is there any free screen recording app where I can record a video of what I do in a flash format? I want to show you how it behaves. It is really cool.

SkyIDE:
By the way, it sizes appropriately to the title bar's height and the buttons size appropriately too.

I will reveal the key features very soon, once I have them running :)

mouser:
if you're having fun, go for it -- but keep in mind their are a LOT of well established toolbar launchers.  i'd love to see you work on a project soon in an area which is less crowded.  with skyide for example, you are doing such good work but it's a damn uphill battle to match the teams working on codeblocks, etc.

jgpaiva:
I'd definitelly be interested in a demo!
DC has a great user base, i bet you could get some great ideas here too ;)

As for the "record to flash movie" thing, you probably should take a look at the ScreenCasting review, here on DC!

edbro:
Is it a launcher or a configurable, app specific toolbar? Currently, I use Skrommels Barnacle which is very neat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version