ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Evrsoft First Page 2006 Reviewed

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bjorn_Bear:
I have use Evrsoft First Page 2003 for the past 4 year´s,
and gone start to poke around in the 2006 upgrade.
A note to the old version there was a small problem,
there was a hidden "virus" a skript six buttoms from hell if I remember right.
And in the new version I think it could have some sort of adware?

Bjorn_Bear

PlayPhil:
A while after the 2003 version was released there was some controvesy over the "Six Buttons" script and the concensus was it was not a virus.

Besides, the user must execute the script to get the message, otherwise it's benign, or at least, that's been my experience.

christopherwilliams1975:
I tried this software and I had a terrible experience with it. While inputting text in the WYSIWYG window, it seemed to take forever for it to show up in the output window. At the time, I was using a portable version of NVU, and despite the fact that NVU randomly crashes from time to time, I found it much easier and less frustrating to use.

Also: KOMPZER is an NVU clone. I've heard rumors that the Kompozer app was unauthorized, though I cannot substantiate those statements. I know that the author of NVU hasn't updated the app since 2002, and that Kompozer does contain updates. Either way, they're the same program, and I've had the same (consistent) results.

I support the open source community... they really care about the software. Just wish I knew how to program my own stuff.

fowmow:
The developer's have stopped developing this program. It is freeware, with the nag-screen. There is no way to purchase the software.
--- End quote ---

Are we totally sure about that?  I don't doubt the original poster or anything, but I clicked on the "buy now" link and it took me to the store and was ready to take payment information from what I could tell.

Where does it say that they have abandoned the program?

urlwolf:
I recently found HateML.
It's pretty cool. it does PHP Automatic syntax checker, debugger and profiler.
It highlighted CSS in a different background color, and other little nice touches.

It even has a MySQL Manager plugin, and it's absolutely free. Give it a try and let me know what you think...

I forgot: it's portable!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version