ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please help [me make a game]

<< < (2/4) > >>

f0dder:
...won't help much if the game is going to run web-based, though. And if it's going to be a "real" MMORPG game (ie, with a client executable), he needs a lot more than just downloading DarkBasic ;)

Asrael:
If you look at www.racewarkingdoms.com you see that is is mostly textbased with a few simple graficks. its something like this i want, though prolly a bit more simple.

Veign:
My .02:
Creating a game is I see...
Well i could pay someone to do it. So if anyone is intrested in taking it as a paid job ot make be the code then send me a e-mail to [email protected] and tell me what you can make and to what price. And the thing about joining a team. I Already got a full idea in my head, i just dont know enough about coding to make it happen.
-Asrael (June 26, 2007, 09:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
To be honest creating a game could be quite an expensive thing.  It could cost anywhere from 10K to well over 100K.  When you get into a complicated type of game it just takes time, lots of time.

Your best bet is to locate a game engine and learn the engine and programming language.  Then you can build it without the expense - just your time.

Some engines:
http://www.devmaster.net/wiki/MMORPG_Creation_Packages
(just need to review as to whether they support an online environment)

One more:
http://www.dimensionex.net/en/

Asrael:
ouch. i dont got that kind of money lying aroud  :(. but ill check out the pages. thanks for your help.

Veign:
Like the saying goes "you get what you pay for"  I would be very weary of someone selling game development under 10K.  Again, this is all being said not knowing the details of the game.  A tower of defense game under 10K? Sure, no problem.  A role playing game? I would think not.

In fact there was a game development crew selling their service to create any game you wanted within 6 months or 3 months, or something like that, with the only guarantee of bringing the game to beta for 250K.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version