ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Ultra Explorer; I am impressed!

<< < (6/11) > >>

Curt:
Yes, I had some crashes the first day, but they left for good when I changed the settings. You may have to look into the Options and try your way around, because Ultra is not that clever and will not tell you if you have made a bad setting.

steeladept:
Do you mean Open New Tab? From memory, I could open as many Tabs as I wanted? Or have I missed something?-Perry Mowbray (June 28, 2007, 11:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

or do they not mean like dual-pane, like Total Commander style ?
-tomos (June 29, 2007, 09:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
To answer a few questions -

No, not in tabs, I mean multiple panes, like mtexplorer.  Like Curt said, it is somewhat similar to dual-pane (Total Commander, Norton Commander, Free Commander, et. al.), but with more panes.  Actually mtexplorer allows as many as you would like.  It starts as 4 panes, but I configured it to 6 just to see if it would.  It did, however when I started using it, instead of just configuring it, it would lock up then shut down.  I changed the configuration back to default and had the same issues.  I love the idea and it did exactly what I wanted, but it had problems on my system.  The only thing I would have liked to add is a tree-view as well, but that is minor and (in fact) may even have been possible.  When I had issues, I didn't really continue to find out.  I am looking for something like that but without the issues I had.

This really made me realize how much mtexplorer is exactly what I was looking for, and maybe I should try to contact the developer  :-\  Thanks for helping me realize this... :P

urlwolf:
I'm testing TC right now.
I think this is THE hardcore file manager.

Darwin:
Not free, and I don't know how useful/useable/stable it is, but I *think* AccelMan has the potential to provide a multipane "experience"... I used it for a while after the giveawayoftheday well, er, giveaway, and was marginally impressed, though not enough to switch from my beloved DOpus :-*

lanux128:
steeladept: i had the same problems with mtExplorer and also that it wouldn't "remember" the last used folders. i e-mailed the author but hadn't received any replies.. do let me know if you had better luck.. :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version