topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 1:34 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: getting started  (Read 4212 times)

heyyo29

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
getting started
« on: June 24, 2007, 11:09 AM »
i intalled this earlier today and pretty much i have no idea to get past anything but installation- i was wondering if anyone could direct me to a step by step manuel of sorts on how to use this, eg. setting up the sniffing options, downloading and setting up winpcap (which i know nothing about) and basically running the whole thing

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: getting started
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 09:54 AM »
you dont have to download and install winpcap, it should be installed automatically by the url snooper installer.

as far as how to use it, just start it up and assuming you are in default simple mode, it should find your network adapter and start "sniffing".  (if it doesnt then you have to go to advanced mode and select your adapter).

once it is sniffing, then just open your web browser and go to the multimedia websites you care about and perhaps start playing the streaming stations you are interested in.  url snooper should then start detecting urls.