ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Automatic Reg Key Backup

(1/5) > >>

edbro:
Does anybody know of a solution that will backup select registry keys? I used to use a program called RegKeyBackup from MoonSoftware but it seems that they pulled it. Are there any other products out there that can create backup sets for registry keys just like a normal backup program creates file backup sets? Is there a way to do it without software, like through a batch file?

steeladept:
You can always just do a registry backup.  They are small and easy.  Just go into regedit and export.  It creates a backup.  Or were you looking for something with more granular control of specific keys for some reason?

edbro:
I like to backup certain reg keys that have configuration data, such as CrapCleaner, Syncback profiles, etc.

edbro:
Never mind, I figured it out. I post it here in case anybody else needs to know.

Regkeybackup.cmd

--- ---regedit /e "C:\My documents\Registry Settings\BigOven.reg" "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SDMVentures\BigOven"
regedit /e "C:\My documents\Registry Settings\Grabit.reg" "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Shemes"
regedit /e "C:\My documents\Registry Settings\CrapCleaner.reg" "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\CCleaner\Options"
regedit /e "C:\My documents\Registry Settings\MediaCenter.reg" "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\J. River\Media Center 12"
regedit /e "C:\My documents\Registry Settings\Syncback.reg" "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\2BrightSparks\SyncBackSE"

Nighted:
Yeah, something that you could choose keys and then export into single keys or even one merged key would be great.

If anyone knows of something like this, please post it here. I actually know of a small tool for merging keys, but nothing that would let you select certain keys that one would regularly like to back up. Does anyone know of a back up utility that does this? I use Second Copy and I'm sure it can't do this.

Hmm...can't find a link to that Reg file tool. It was originally on this site. I'll attach it here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version