ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR newbie - need help for alias creation

(1/2) > >>

ak_:
I've been using FARR for quite some time now, but only in a very basic way (no customization etc). Now i'd like to create an alias but i have no idea how to do it.

The idea would be to have an alias (like "dl") who displays the 9 most recent files in my download folder.

How can i do this ?

Thanks a lot.

mouser:
first answer:

Here's instructions for making an alias that shows the contents of a directory and let's you narrow the search:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=8781.0
(caveat: i may have broken something that causes this technique to stop working in the latest version! when i double checked it now it wasn't working for me -- looking into it). my mistake, it works fine -- i just forgot how to use it  :-[

second answer:

It's not possible to show only 9 most recent or to specifically say to sort by recency, but these are actually nice ideas about features to add.  i think i will at the least add some special modifiers (or plugin ability) to say to sort the results by date. so good idea  :up:

ak_:
Thanks for the answer mouser :) Ok well i think i'll wait for these modifications.

rjbull:
What's the right way/best way to call AHK scripts from FARR, please?

jgpaiva:
I usually call them directly by the file name...
I have farr searching in my ahk scripts folder, and whenever i want one i just search for the filename.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version