ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What do you use to keep track of your installed software?

<< < (3/9) > >>

CleverCat:
Yes - see link in Curt's post above for Softcat Plus.... :D

Curt:
Just follow the link and read about SoftCAT PLUS - but I haven't checked if it will do drives or merely a drive.

Darwin:
I'm running the trial for SoftCat Plus right now and yes, it will do drives (rather then merely a drive). It also allows you to create and access mutiple databases, which is useful if you play around with different s/w configurations and freqently create drive images.

TomColvin:
I've been using SoftCAT free for years.  I even enter information about programs of interest that I do not install, just to keep track of them.  I even cut-and-paste from reviews at download sites.  I really like it.

BUT...

The Zone Alarm Anti-Virus program has within the past couple of months decided that this is a dangerous program, alerting me to delete the program after every scan.  I've always refused to do so.  Somehow Zone Alarm seemed to act on its own:  the program's exe file has simply disappeared, leaving behind everything else [including the data, thankfully] in the SoftCAT folder.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  I'm probably going to reinstall the program, perhaps even update to the PRO version, after reading this thread.

Tom

CleverCat:
Anti-Virus often sees 'tracking software as 'dangerous'! if you know it's legit, tell your AV to ignore it....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version