ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is the Windows start menu dead?

<< < (5/18) > >>

jgpaiva:
Very good point, tinjaw!
That's something i hadn't thought of. I do use the start menu, just not my own :D
When on my university's computers, i always use the start menu, and it's much handier than searching for the apps, because they scatter everything all over the c: disk. (they do have good reasons to do that, tough ;) )

Nighted:
We need something like PaneKiller that is still in development. Not sure what happened to this guy but if you look at the last update of the program he was obviously WAY ahead of his time. I'm guessing he got scooped up by Microsoft or something.

Can anyone tell me if this works in Vista?

Darwin:
I haven't really weighed in here so will do so now: I like the start menu and don't think it's going anywhere, but I REALLY wish that Microsoft would innovate more with it. I think that Vista Start Menu is where they SHOULD have taken it with XP.

Nighted:
I think that Vista Start Menu is where they SHOULD have taken it with XP.
-Darwin (June 27, 2007, 12:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or there's ViStart for free, if you want something a bit different.

Curt:
Or there's ViStart for free, if you want something a bit different. -Nighted (July 03, 2007, 01:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

- or the same but with installer: http://www.lee-soft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=93

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version