ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's the most complicated wristwatch?

<< < (2/5) > >>

CWuestefeld:
I got my Pro Trek on eBay, it was like $150 about 3 years ago. It must have some battery, since it works at night  ;) actually, the specs say it should go for 6 months without a recharge.

Back in college I had one of the big beefy G-Shock watch. I remember one night demonstrating it to a friend. I pounded the back of my wrist against a wall, saying "see, this watch may be big and ugly, but it's indestructible". My friend said, "so, I can do that with my watch".

He proceeded to do just that, and then together we picked up the pieces of his watch from the floor.

Darwin:
figure that solar power will actually be a bad thing for me.  Is that true?  Are there really no batteries in the watch at all?  I'd also like to have that atomic timekeeping.

--- End quote ---

Just give the watch a light bath under a lamp (or in a window) for a few hours before you go to bed once a week or so and all will be well. The solar panel behind the face charges a battery inside the watch, so these watches do indeed have batteries. You can definitely get solar powered watches that will sync with an atomic  clock.

Here's my (now 8 year old) titanium Citizen Eco-star - note how "new" it looks despite being a daily wearer for so long:

What's the most complicated wristwatch?

Yes, that's MY wrist!

Darwin:
Crap, Aram, you're making me feel OLD. I was *supposed* to graduate from university the year your grade 8 graduation watch was made and did so the year you were in grade 10 (took three years off after my first year to figure out what I wanted to do - ie party a lot and figure out that I didn't want to work in a grocery store stocking shelves for the rest of my life, but I digress)...

app103:
Mostly because of my dad (he's a watch collector) I own some really weird watches.

Most of them are packed away and not accessible for photographing.

The only one I could find on the web is this one:

A real collectors item from the 80's. It came with a game book so you could actually use it for playing.  :D

superboyac:
Crap, Aram, you're making me feel OLD. I was *supposed* to graduate from university the year your grade 8 graduation watch was made and did so the year you were in grade 10 (took three years off after my first year to figure out what I wanted to do - ie party a lot and figure out that I didn't want to work in a grocery store stocking shelves for the rest of my life, but I digress)...
-Darwin (June 19, 2007, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Haha, Darwin, sorry!  That's the circle of life, man.  Trust me, I have my own regrets about things I should have done in my college days.  If only we could go back and do it again, right?  Maybe we'd get it right the second time!

app103, that's one funky watch...I don't understand how you can actually play the wheel of fortune on it.  You know what would be cool, if Vanna White came with the watch...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version