ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How can I save a Quicktime Movie I watch on the internet to my computer

(1/5) > >>

patteo:
I would like to be able to watch a Quicktime movie off line.

How can I save the Quicktime movie to my computer without having to upgrade to Quicktime Pro just to save the file.

Carol Haynes:
The movie is usually saved in your internet cache folder (location depends on the browser you are using - check the browser preferences to find out where) and will have a .MOV extension.

Just copy the movie to where you want to store it (otherwise it might be deleted from the cache, and depending on your browser settings may be re-downloaded next time you visit that link).

Hirudin:
You can also use Mouser's very cool "URL Snooper" to find out the web address of the source file.

With URL Snooper and a little bit of leg work you can download all kinds of stuff you're not suppose to!

Curt:
patteo, When it comes to downloading videos it will be a lot easier just to install Firefox and i.e. DownloadHelper. It is sooo easy!

patteo:
Thanks Carol, Hirudin, Curt for the ideas.

And by the way, I just found out that with Skrommel's Cachesort, the downloaded mov will be automatically extracted out. But you have to be using Internet Explorer 7 (Certainly wish there was a option for Firefox as I rarely use IE7 - somehow it tends to hang on me)

1 Hour Software by Skrommel - DonationCoder.com
"CacheSort v1.1

Automatically move files from Internet Explorer's cache into folders based on the files' extensions.

Features:
- Very handy for storing movies and other files downloaded from the Internet.
- Can be used to watch other folders.
- Only move files bigger than a given value.
- Run a program when a new file is found.
- Move or copy files.

Changes:
- 2005.11.23 - v1.1: Added option to copy or move files.
"
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/index.html#CacheSort

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version