ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Yahoo! Photos closing shop!

(1/2) > >>

lanux128:
i logged on to Yahoo! Photos today to receive this message.. so anyone who has an account better hurry up..

http://closing.photos.yahoo.com/

Carol Haynes:
Nice of them to tell people!

I just logged in to Yahoo! My Photos and got no message at all! Went to the link you gave and they moved my photos to Flickr - no probs.

Would have been nice to have some sort of warning.

It's a good move though - the Yahoo!  Photos interface was crap.

The only advantage of the Yahoo! Photos interface was that you could save photo attachments in emails directly to My Photos (which was neat). Hopefully this will be changed to link to Flickr instead.

lanux128:
hmm.. that is strange. maybe they're implementing the process in batches. anyway, i have been planning (sitting on, more likely) on combining both of the accounts for some time. glad that yahoo made the push.. :)

lanux128:
more goodies from yahoo for migrating, a free Pro Account for three months! i read the news feed from cybernet and went to check, sure enough mine was upgraded too.. :Thmbsup:

Yeah, Pro account!

hamradio:
Sounds like an attempt by Yahoo to get you to go over the limit on flickr that way when it expires you will then have to pay to keep what you have on there that is over the limit and wont get deleted. So to me it sounds nothing short than a money making scheme by yahoo and I give it a :down:.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version