topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:35 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: converting divx to dvd?  (Read 13418 times)

Midnight Rambler

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
converting divx to dvd?
« on: June 17, 2007, 06:08 AM »
I have some .divx files I want to convert and burn to DVD.

I've tried a few freeware programs (Avi2DVD, erightsoft.com/SUPER, DivxToDVD) but with the exception of DivxToDVD (which was the simplest but failed to produce video), all were overly complex.

Any recommendations?
Compaq Presario 5716 (98), Dell Dimension 4700 (XP), Lenovo ThinkPad T530 (Win 7 Pro > Win 10 Pro).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 06:11 AM by mouser »

Dirhael

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • defreitas.no
    • Donate to Member
Re: converting divx to dvd?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 03:31 PM »
The simplest one I've ever tried has to be VSO's ConvertXtoDVD. Not freeware though. Another option is Nero 7, and even though I think it's a bit bloated it is really easy to use.
Registered nurse by day, hobby programmer by night.

cathodera

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 08:57 AM »

I have been looking for a donationware, freeware, or opensource alternative to ConvertX to DVD.

Something that will do everything it does - and just as easily - including letting you add subtitiles - and preferably do even better than ConvertX in the area of menu customization.

Does such a thing exist?

Since nearly a year has passed since the most recent post,  I just thought that maybe in that intervening time, some nice person somewhere might have made one, and I have just not been looking in the right place to find it.

One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 08:43 PM »
VideoHelp.com is a good source with guides for all kinds of conversion formats.

ws-videohelp-2.png
http://www.videohelp...earch+or+List+Guides

Babis

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 03:08 AM »
The simplest one I've ever tried has to be VSO's ConvertXtoDVD. Not freeware though. Another option is Nero 7, and even though I think it's a bit bloated it is really easy to use.

If you are not into any complex video tasks, there is no better than convertxtodvd (at least compared to winavi, TMPGenc and couple of other minors that I have tried). There is a trial version (which includes watermark).

videospot

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 02:24 AM »
 ;D I find another tool total video2dvd author is similiar to convertxtodvd, but GUI is better.
And if you want to use freeware, you can use   mediacoder or SUPER to make video conversion, and then burn the converted VOB files with DVDSTYLE

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 06:41 AM »
- this Total Video2Dvd Author is confusing me. The author did a major attempt to improve on his program last autumn, by giving out free licenses for good ideas, promotions, and language translations, but then it sort of died in November - and very few if any of the ideas were implemented.

One example:
In the first / initial "system settings" there are these two items one has to deal with:

01_SystemSettings_Chapters+Locations.gif

- fixed count of minutes between chapters? Fixed?!! In the initial system settings?!!!  :o

And what kind of program seems not to know where it is installed?
- it really is installed in C:\%PROGR..%\Total Video2DVD Author -but appears not to know this!

For these two "minor" reasons I have not yet taken up testing the program. I am still too upset!
I must point out, though, that the program is said to work just fine.

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 11:21 AM »
If you are not into any complex video tasks, there is no better than convertxtodvd (at least compared to winavi, TMPGenc and couple of other minors that I have tried). There is a trial version (which includes watermark).

You can also get a cheap license for ConvertXtoDVD (about €6) with a couple of caveats:

• the version you get is 2.x and is non-upgradable (the current version is 3.x)
  • the site selling this is pretty much dead, but I was able to make the purchase a few weeks ago.

You can buy ConvertXToDVD 2.x for 4 'credits' at http://www.serialdealers.com, but be sure to *not* buy a Gold membership - in all likelihood nothing new will be offered on that site.  Also realize that even though credits are more or less equivalent to Euros, the minimum purchase for a block of 'credits' is €6 for 5 credits, so in order to make your purchase of ConvertXToDVD you will really be spending €6 not 4.

swordm

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 09:51 PM »
reply to Curt,

thank u, I`m a technical support staff for Total Video2Dvd Author,

this chapter is an initialization time value, in dvd project you can modify it. certainly not fixed.

'Working folder' means dvd project working folder.

We have shown these to users, maybe users want to know is, and that dialog box will only show automatically when the first start, if u want to change the settings, you can click on 'Settings' -> 'System settings'.

regards.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 02:44 AM »
- thanks, swordm

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 04:04 AM »

Last time I looked, it was possible to get the last freeware version from the VSO software by visiting http://www.afterdawn.com. This is a very useful site for more (free) tools and tutorials about video conversion/editing. That version still works for me when I want to convert.  :)

Nero becomes stranger after every incarnation. Since version 6 my system has the "ability" to lose the coupling between the real cursor and the graphical representation from that (now those are big words for: arrow). As you maybe can imagine how frustrating a GUI can be when the arrow from the cursor hangs dead in the air while it is possible to select anything in the screen. Nero 5 was the only good version in my point of view, nowadays ImgBurn rules!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 04:11 AM by Shades »

videospot

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 08:10 PM »
reply to Curt,

this chapter is an initialization time value, in dvd project you can modify it. certainly not fixed.

We have shown these to users, maybe users want to know is, and that dialog box will only show automatically when the first start, if u want to change the settings, you can click on 'Settings' -> 'System settings'.

regards.

Oh, Great. Nice meet to an EffectMatrix developer here.  :D

Can you give me or this forum members a free license for Total Video2Dvd Author?  :-[

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 08:17 PM »
- I don't think it works that way  :-\ 
he is a "staff" member, so maybe somehow someone has to pay him a salary...?

swordm

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 09:05 PM »
reply to Curt,

regards.

Oh, Great. Nice meet to an EffectMatrix developer here.  :D

Can you give me or this forum members a free license for Total Video2Dvd Author?  :-[

u can go to http://www.effectmat...um/viewforum.php?f=2 and try to win a free license for Total Video2Dvd Author.

- I don't think it works that way  :-\ 
he is a "staff" member, so maybe somehow someone has to pay him a salary...?

Thank you for your question, in fact, Total Video2Dvd Author support and development is the same person, it`s me. but usually, I still think of myself as a technical support staff, :)