ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

converting divx to dvd?

(1/3) > >>

Midnight Rambler:
I have some .divx files I want to convert and burn to DVD.

I've tried a few freeware programs (Avi2DVD, erightsoft.com/SUPER, DivxToDVD) but with the exception of DivxToDVD (which was the simplest but failed to produce video), all were overly complex.

Any recommendations?

Dirhael:
The simplest one I've ever tried has to be VSO's ConvertXtoDVD. Not freeware though. Another option is Nero 7, and even though I think it's a bit bloated it is really easy to use.

cathodera:

I have been looking for a donationware, freeware, or opensource alternative to ConvertX to DVD.

Something that will do everything it does - and just as easily - including letting you add subtitiles - and preferably do even better than ConvertX in the area of menu customization.

Does such a thing exist?

Since nearly a year has passed since the most recent post,  I just thought that maybe in that intervening time, some nice person somewhere might have made one, and I have just not been looking in the right place to find it.

lanux128:
VideoHelp.com is a good source with guides for all kinds of conversion formats.

• http://www.videohelp.com/guides?searchtext=&tools=&madeby=&formatconversionselect=DivX+to+DVD&howtoselect=%3B&orderby=Rating&listall=1&hits=25&archive=0&search=Search+or+List+Guides

Babis:
The simplest one I've ever tried has to be VSO's ConvertXtoDVD. Not freeware though. Another option is Nero 7, and even though I think it's a bit bloated it is really easy to use.
-Dirhael (June 17, 2007, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you are not into any complex video tasks, there is no better than convertxtodvd (at least compared to winavi, TMPGenc and couple of other minors that I have tried). There is a trial version (which includes watermark).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version