ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

TextAloud @ Giveaway of the Day 6/16

(1/3) > >>

tinjaw:
Get it. Get it. Get it. Get it. Get it. Get it. Get it. Get it. Get it.  :up:

TextAloud is the program today at Giveaway of the Day. I own this program and it rocks.

TextAlouds unique Text to MP3 or WMA conversion can save your daily reading to audio files to download to your portable player. Listen to email, online news, or important documents while you exercise, work or commute. TextAloud is easy to learn so you can put it to work for you right away.

Everything is user friendly, from the help function to the VCR style playback controls. It has never been easier to keep up with the information you really need. Includes Firefox toolbar. Support for Natural Voices, Neospeech, Cepstral, Acapela BrightSpeech and Elan, and ScanSoft RealSpeak Voices.
--- End quote ---

Developer's product website is here.

Curt:
I own this program and it rocks. -tinjaw (June 16, 2007, 05:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Some years ago I bought a couple of voices, but have not been able to regain them for this new PC of mine. I don't really remember anything about which voices it was, or even from which company - it was VERY seldom I used the program - but I am sure it was not TextAloud. Maybe AT&T NaturalVoices. No, I don't recall.

Listening to TextAloud with the few voices I have installed right now, I realize I will have to buy me some voices (again). Not one of the standard voices are acceptable to me. So please allow me to ask for your opinion on which voices to buy?
 :tellme:

Grorgy:
thanks tinjaw, i've been going for a look there lately but hadnt got around to it, so i might have missed this, was never too sure i wanted it, so i never bothered but as a freebie i will surely give it a try. :)

Curt:
Can I just rant a little about speach programs that will not cooperate with each other, so you'll have to buy more voices to do the same thing? I have several voices, but they are agent's voices. MSAgent, that is.

TextAloud @ Giveaway of the Day 6/16

But none of the other speach programs will acknowledge the presence of these voices:
$$$.$$ right out of my pocket!  Øv!

øv :

interj bah! boo!
   (uf) ugh! yuck!
-Danish-English
--- End quote ---

Curt:
...allow me to ask for your opinion on which voices to buy? -Curt (June 16, 2007, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I like Heather from Acapella and Mike from AT&T  best, but I am not impressed with any of the Text_To_Speech programs / voices I have heard so far. Isn't there something better on the market? Or are they maybe just way too expensive?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version