ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: adaptation of tasklog to "pause" after certain amount of idle time

(1/1)

tasker:
This one is for skrommel I guess..

Since 2 days I am using the (almost) perfect https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/TaskLog/TaskLog.ahk

But I have 2 little remarks/ideas:

- How can I add a "Pause"-option, where timers are stopped? For example, I am working on task XYZ, and leave for 30 minutes, how can I halt the timer without adding a "Pause"-task?
- It would be great if somewhere an idle time could be checked. If I am hibernating or just ran away, it should stop counting after xxxx minutes, or at least have the option.

Needless to say, I am not a programmer

I am very confident that master skrommel has some good thoughts about it :-)

Thanks for the good work!

tasker

mouser:
very good ideas  :up:

tasker:
Eh, I tried to fiddle with OnMessage(0x218, "WM_POWERBROADCAST") to see wether a system is idle due to hibernation or standby mode.

MSDN says: WM_POWERBROADCAST messages do not distinguish between sleeping states and hibernation. An application can determine only that the system has entered a sleeping state; it cannot determine the specific power state that the system entered when the transition occurred.

Its a pity that A_TimeIdlePhysical does not detect these modes: it keeps on counting even when standby or hibernated..

When using function WM_POWERBROADCAST(wparam,lparam) the wparam and lparam give the following values:

Suspend cycle :

--- ---Powerbroadcast 10 - 0
Powerbroadcast 10 - 0
Powerbroadcast 0 - 1
Powerbroadcast 0 - 1
Powerbroadcast 4 - 0
Powerbroadcast 4 - 0
Powerbroadcast 18 - 0
Powerbroadcast 18 - 0
Powerbroadcast 7 - 0
Powerbroadcast 7 - 0
Powerbroadcast 10 - 0