ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Form Letter Machine

Making command line arguments work

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
f the application window is closed, treat that as pushing the [cancel] button so that nothing is written--not even a blank file.
--- End quote ---
agree.

Change the name of the [close] button to [Output & close].  Honestly, I didn't even understand the real function of the [close] button until I read this forum.
--- End quote ---

yeah, something like that is needed.

I might also add that the protection feature that warns you that you're closing the app without saving the tree sometimes forgets to warn you.
--- End quote ---

let me fix this, and then decide whether auto saving tree changes should be automatic.

superticker:
... the protection feature that warns you that you're closing the app without saving the tree sometimes forgets to warn you.
--- End quote ---

let me fix this, and then decide whether auto saving tree changes should be automatic.
-mouser (June 16, 2007, 12:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

In practice, one does more saving than aborting of changes, so in this sense, auto saving trees and variables on program exit makes sense.  I have an accounting program (Simply Accounting by ACTPAC, excellent product) that works by auto saving.  At first I was concerned, but as long as the File > Revert option is available, it hasn't been a problem, and I have never lost a thing.  I rarely even open the File menu on my accounting program.

There is an issue that when you switch trees, you'll need to auto save on the switch.  That means if you switch back to the original tree and want to revert, you can't (unless the program saves *.bak files for trees).  However, I'm using several tree files and I've never experienced a case where I wanted to do that.  And with the present implementation, doing this maneuver would still be a problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version