ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Form Letter Machine

Making command line arguments work

<< < (2/3) > >>

superticker:
... try dropping the double quotes altogether from the -out parameter.  Since there are no spaces in the filename, they shouldn't be required.
-Boxer Software (June 15, 2007, 10:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but there's a colon in "C:\" that needs the double quotes.  I tried getting around that with symbolic variables (see earlier reply), but that hasn't worked either.

cthorpe:
I can't get it to output to a file either.

Carl

mouser:
Can you try this new build:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/TheFormLetterMachine/downloads/TheFormLetterMachine.exe

(it seems that in the last version i was testing the -out=stdout option and i was forcing it all the time no matter what you passed on commandling -- oops!)

mouser:
cough cough.. no one tried it??

superticker:
Can you try this new build:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/TheFormLetterMachine/downloads/TheFormLetterMachine.exe

(It seems that in the last version ... the -out=stdout option [was being forced])
-mouser (June 15, 2007, 01:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just tried it and it works.  But there's a new issue.  If I close the app dialog box (instead of using the [close] button), TFLM writes a blank output file.  I don't think any app should ever write a blank file.  I would suggest:

* If the application window is closed, treat that as pushing the [cancel] button so that nothing is written--not even a blank file.

* Change the name of the [close] button to [Output & close].  Honestly, I didn't even understand the real function of the [close] button until I read this forum.
I might also add that the protection feature that warns you that you're closing the app without saving the tree sometimes forgets to warn you. :(  I'm wondering if the save should just be automatic on program exit, in which case the "File > Save tree" menu item should be replaced by a "File > Revert changes" to restore (reload w/o saving) the previous tree?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version