ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Form Letter Machine

Making command line arguments work

(1/3) > >>

superticker:
I setup a Windows shortcut with the following command line parameters:

--- ---"C:\Program Files\TheFormLetterMachine\TheFormLetterMachine.exe" "-out=C:\users\mehl\announcement.07.txt"
However, when I press the [close] button on The Form Letter Machine, the anticipated announcement.07.txt output file is never generated.  What am I doing wrong?  I'm running v1.04.01.

cthorpe:
My guess would be that it should read:

--- ---"C:\Program Files\TheFormLetterMachine\TheFormLetterMachine.exe" -out="C:\users\mehl\announcement.07.txt"

I moved the " from before the -out to before the C:\ at the end.

Carl

mouser:
i'll look into it and see if i can duplicate the issue.  no reason it shouldn't work, but it's one of those features that doesn't get much testing so you never know..

Boxer Software:
If Carl's suggestion doesn't work, try dropping the double quotes altogether from the -out parameter.  Since there are no spaces in the filename, they shouldn't be required.

superticker:
My guess would be that it should read:

--- ---"C:\Program Files\TheFormLetterMachine\TheFormLetterMachine.exe" -out="C:\users\mehl\announcement.07.txt"
I moved the " from before the -out to before the C:\ at the end.
-cthorpe (June 15, 2007, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree.  Thanks for the correction.  But it still doesn't work.  I also tried removing the double quotes altogether using symbolic variables:

--- ---%ProgramFiles%\TheFormLetterMachine\TheFormLetterMachine.exe -out=%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\announcement.07.txtBut that's not working either.  Strange.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version