Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 25, 2014, 02:40:27 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DC-IRLDD #2: DonationCoder Real Life Dinner+Drinks, Sat 7/14, Champaign Illinois  (Read 20405 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: June 14, 2007, 04:46:20 PM »

The 2nd DonationCoder.com International Real Life Dinner(+Drinks) Lunch and/or Dinner will occur on Saturday, July 14th, 2007.

We will meet at my house in Champaign, IL as before, email me for directions and address (mouser@donationcoder.com).

This is going to be a very early dinner (we will meet at 4pm) to give people a chance to rest up and then drive home if they aren't staying over.

I think the current plan is to go have lunch around noon and then figure out what to do, so anyone thinking of joining us should email me asap!

All forum members are welcome -- but keep in mind that only 1 or 2 people ever show up. But that's ok too it's just a casual get together and we won't be talking about DC much.

-Jesse (mouser)

ps1. Please RSVP by July 10th as soon as possible if you intend on coming.
ps2. I will pay for dinner+drinks for anyone who travels more than a couple of hours to get here.
ps3. Anyone who needs to is welcome to stay the night (I have wifi and air conditioning).

See you there!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 11:03:20 AM by mouser » Logged
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 04:51:14 PM »

Count me in, as you already know.

By the way, my trip is exactly 3 hours so I guess that counts me in for free grub ;-)

I hope you drink alcohol (and by alcohol I mean Orange Juice and by Orange Juice I mean Water)

Strength in Knowledge
cnewtonne
Honorary Member

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 11:13:23 PM »

Mouser, I will come under one condition...
If you promise to teach me how to write C++ and may be my first FARR plugin.
I would truly love to have the privilege to meet you in person and see the person behind this great web community. Hope you and your guests have the greatest time.
cthorpe
Discount Coordinator

c++thorpe

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 08:49:34 PM »

If you keep doing these events, eventually I'll be able to make one.

Carl
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 10:20:40 PM by cthorpe » Logged
Grorgy
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 09:27:32 PM »

One day I'm thinking I must travel to all these parts of the world where I find I now have lots of friends I've never met  huh  One day time and money will hopefully conspire and the world tour will be on  smiley
Muadib
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 05:19:25 AM »

I heartily agree with Grorgy.

One day they'll offer instantaneous travel with very cheap prices and then I'll be very happy  cheesy.

Until there I will be glad seeing the pictures (that I hope will be online shortly after the party)  Wink
Laughing Man
Charter Member

V for Viktor

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 08:40:58 AM »

Haha.. I'll have to wait till I'm going to Illinois for grad school in Cognitive Psyc..MD's a bit to far away for me to drive from.
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 09:42:34 AM »

I REALLY regret that I cannot attend... I'll be in Belgium, where I'm trying to organise a mini "European meeting" in July, but hope to get to the next one!

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
steeladept
Supporting Member

Fettucini alfredo is macaroni & cheese for adults

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 12:48:27 PM »

Don't forget to check out that newish bookcase  cheesy tongue cheesy
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 01:45:52 PM »

I plan on destroying said bookcase, but shhhh, dont tell mouser

Strength in Knowledge
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 04:17:35 PM »

josh can plan all he wants, my plan is to have snipers on the rooftop awaiting his arrival.
KenR
Super
Blogger

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 04:46:59 PM »

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 04:50:30 PM »

Ken, You cannot laugh because you will not be there. You should be ashamed! Looks like mouser and I will be the only ones which frightens me

Strength in Knowledge
Mark0
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 04:17:44 PM »

Would love to be present, but unfortunately I think I am a bit too far away! smiley
Have a nice event, and post some photos!

Bye!

PlayPhil
Supporting Member

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 05:30:59 PM »

Well, a day late, but looking forward to next year...

According to MapQuest it's a 6hr, 1 min drive for me. So Jesse, if your offering booze, food and accomodations, how about speeding tickets  cheesy

I'm sure I could shave an hour or more LOL

Phil
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 05:35:20 PM »

the rsvp date is very flexible, so don't feel like it's too late.
steeladept
Supporting Member

Fettucini alfredo is macaroni & cheese for adults

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 05:44:54 PM »

Most of my surviving relatives live near you, so I will let you know next time I get to visit them.  Until then, I must miss it.
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 06:09:16 PM »

I'd really like to meet you guys, but, like Darwin, I'm a Canadian... and I live in Montréal. It's a bit far. One day, maybe... Thanks for the invitation, mouser!

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 01:39:14 PM »

I REALLY regret that I cannot attend... I'll be in Belgium, where I'm trying to organise a mini "European meeting" in July, but hope to get to the next one!

And I'm not even going to be able to make the European meeting!

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
abhishek_del
Participant

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 01:49:32 PM »

hey, looks great but I am in Delhi so can't attend. Even if I were in Champaign or nearby I would hesitate attending a dinner amongst some high minds on earth.
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 11:57:39 PM »

guys, don't forget the cameras.. smiley and have fun! Thmbsup

Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 10:48:32 AM »

Dont worry, my plans to get mouser drunk still forges on untattered and undisturbed like a freight train from san francisco to dallas tx.

Strength in Knowledge
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 11:17:38 AM »

I plan on destroying said bookcase, but shhhh, dont tell mouser

josh can plan all he wants, my plan is to have snipers on the rooftop awaiting his arrival.

OK now....

Who will be the survivor?  tellme

Josh or mouser?

Joshmouser
military experiencebrains
government trained killerhome turf advantage
will be tired from travelingwill be well rested
day personnight person

I have $1 in credits for the survivor. (I'll double it if it's mouser cheesy)

In the event, both or neither survive, the $1 will go to Cody.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007, 11:21:08 AM »

app, hahahahahhaha  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
if other dc members show up it could lead to an ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny..
Loki15
Honorary Member

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 12:37:01 PM »

I hate being 15!! Grr, maybe if you hold one when I can actually drive, I'll definately show up, it'll be a long drive ( I live in hicktown, Oklahoma), but well worth it!

R.I.P Terry Winstel, you were a musician, a hero, and a well loved man.  But above all, you were my dad. Forever in my heart 1953-2009.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.056s | Server load: 0.12 ]