ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Is it me, or is the internet getting S L O W E R ?

<< < (3/4) > >>

f0dder:
Darwin: don't worry, more than 8cm is overkill anyway :eusa_dance:

Lashiec:
Darwin: don't worry, more than 8cm is overkill anyway :eusa_dance:
-f0dder (June 15, 2007, 05:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

"Houston, we have a problem"

I'll be calling my friends in the RIAA and similar mafia organizations to ask them to take down every torrent site ;)

Ars Technica reported yesterday that antispam group were under DDoS attacks, today the FBI says that the botnets control 1 million computers... The truth is that I'm using a T1 connection, and half an hour ago I had problems loading mouser's avatar in the post about the FARR plugin contest. Go figure.

f0dder:
I don't really think the torrent sites are the main problem anyway (though some of them can generate traffic in megabytes per second, for a single torrent) - botnet that send spam and do DDoS are worse; even if their total traffic is smaller (which I doubt), the amount of and nature of the connections they make put more load on servers, and perhaps some of the smaller routers as well.

Another big factor, that have nothing to do with the darker business on the web, are those sites on shared hosts where capacity is oversold. Considering how slow the aforementioned flatassembler.net site is, and asmcommunity.net as well, I would think POWWEB (where both are hosted) has started overselling.

Darwin:
I've decided to put up with ZA Pro again (I stopped running it a few weeks ago) for now because I am starting to get quite alarmed by all of this... Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but better safe than sorry.

mitzevo:
I think your guys imaginations are just getting bigger

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version