ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

More about e-mail web based and other

(1/4) > >>

cmpm:
Found this little article-

http://email.about.com/cs/freeemailreviews/tp/free_email.htm

G-mail at the top of the list, which I use now.

But there are others I've not heard of including Windows and Mac e-mail programs.

Darwin:
I actually prefer the Yahoo and Live offerings to GMail (though I have and use all three!). I'm wondering, though, if Yahoo will ever make it out of beta. It's pretty solid, and will be my favourite of all the options if its idiosyncrasies (mailboxes failing to load, for example - not good) ever get ironed out. It would be nice, too, if they'd let me access my account from a POP3 client without having to pay $19.95 a year for the privilege.

Hirudin:
...It would be nice, too, if they'd let me access my account from a POP3 client without having to pay $19.95 a year for the privilege.
-Darwin (June 14, 2007, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Waaa!!!?!

Well, there goes any chance I had at getting my sister to use Thunerbird... $20 for a lifetime... MAYBE, but a year? That's just greedy!

Darwin:
Yup! I suspect this is going to change, though, because GMail allows you do this for free already!

rjbull:
I actually prefer the Yahoo and Live offerings to GMail (though I have and use all three!). I'm wondering, though, if Yahoo will ever make it out of beta. It's pretty solid, and will be my favourite of all the options if its idiosyncrasies (mailboxes failing to load, for example - not good) ever get ironed out. It would be nice, too, if they'd let me access my account from a POP3 client without having to pay $19.95 a year for the privilege.
-Darwin (June 14, 2007, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Darwin,

Why do you prefer Yahoo!?  (just curious)

But...  I have two Yahoo! accounts and access them both with POP3.  However, I'm using the old-style Yahoo.  I think I avoided the beta because I didn't have enough screen resolution for it at the time, and I've never bothered to try it again.  Besides, I think it uses ActiveX, and isn't that a security risk?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version