ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to make a video from a sequence of images?

<< < (2/3) > >>

sri:
convert from .jpg to?

Mark0:
Every format the VirtualDub open will do: PNG, BMP, TGA... even JPEG - there's probably something in the structure / format of your JPEG files that VirtualDub don't like, but creating some new JPEG may solve the issue.

Hirudin:
BMPs are probably the way to go if you have the storage space. Avoid opening and saving JPGs since they're a lossy image compression format.

Also, if you can't get VirtualDub to cooperate you might try VirtualDubMod, I don't really know what the difference is, but it's worth a shot...

mouser:
My Flipbook Printer page lists this free tool: ImageToAvi.

Jimdoria:
Checked at one of my favorite freeware sites, http://www.freewarehome.com, and came up with these:

ImagetoAVI -  ImageToAVI will quickly convert a list of image/picture files into an AVI video.  File formats supported: input: BMP, JPEG, and GIF, and AVI video --> output: standard AVI video and BMP picture ( AVI to BMP pictures ). --- Audio input supported: WAV audio (PCM format).

ImageToAVI is actually more geared to making a slideshow-style movie of your pictures, but you might finagle it into doing what you want.

Note: Version 1.0 is still free, version 1.1 is $6 shareware, make sure you download the correct file!

SoftCodez AVI Maker - AVI Maker is a simple, but Useful Video Creator, using AVI Maker you can create custom designed AVI Video Files. Just create Bitmap files and using AVI Maker convert it into AVI Video Files.

You'd have to convert your JPEGs to BMPs, but IrfanView can handle this in a trice.

Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version