ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What do you think of PCTools' Spyware Doctor?

<< < (4/8) > >>

Darwin:
Thanks Carol - that's the one!

Nosh - I've no clear idea why, although it's been discussed in a number of threads on donationcoder over the last 18 months. I've never used it, so can't compare/comment.

Carol Haynes:
I am just having an experiment with it since the free license is still available.

Just download and install the product and you are asked for a license key during installation. There is a link for a free key for personal use which takes you to a web page with a license agreement. You don't have to enter an email address if you don't want to. After accepting the license agreement a ZIP file is offered automatically as a download. The file contains a single text file with your personal key.

Nice system for offering keys - Mouser might consider adopting it for installing new DC apps for users without a universal key.

Darwin:
OK - I'm downloading it now, Carol - thanks for the update and the link.

Curt:
So far this virtual partition thing has been annoying to me! Some of those smart plugins that I am using most frequently cannot do their job; OneClickToSaveImagesToImageFolder and such.
 :mad:

I guess I should use some more days to figure out how to live with this. I started out with installing two of the free BufferZone versions. They are all right, but I soon realized that the $$ PRO version would be a better choice. Right now I have installed this free Altiris you speak of, and then tomorrow will show (its late in the evening here).

Wordzilla:
Spyware Doctor (free version) is now a part of Google Pack.

Feature comparison between free and paid editions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version