topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 9:12 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IE Enhancer  (Read 3904 times)

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IE Enhancer
« on: June 11, 2007, 08:36 AM »
This program will automatically maximize new Internet Explorer and Outlook Express windows for you. It includes a function for hiding/closing all IE windows with a userdefined hotkey. It's also possible to open new IE windows and automatically have them sent to the background. The program is also capable of closing popup windows.

I just found out about another great utility that is donationware.  It is called IE New Window Maximizer.  How many IE user's out there find it infuriating when a window is spawned in an incorrect size?  What about when IE doesn't behave correctly and opens child windows a different size than the default?  I am forced to use IE 6 at work and run into these issues all the time.  To resolve this issue, I have learned of this utility that forces all IE windows to open Maximized, even when defined to a different size by the page author.  It also allows you to create rules for IE windows and to just manage the windows a bit easier.

Just imagine it...Your pop-up blocker fails to recognize the pop-up for whatever reason (or worse you don't have a pop-up blocker), yet you can close ALL spawned pop-ups from the same location instead of chasing that little close box.  Best of all (though not so good for your blogging, mouser, I can't screenshot it working), it works seamlessly in the background.  If you have to work with IE (or just prefer it), I definitely suggest this utility or one like it.

I have invited the developer to join (unless he is already a member and my search didn't turn it up properly).  Hopefully we will see him soon.

jiisoft.pngIE Enhancer

from www.jiisoft.com
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 08:42 AM by steeladept »