ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommend Vista CD Burner

<< < (2/3) > >>

f0dder:
I'm a fan of ImgBurn, but it's only really good if you're burning ready-made ISOs, or need to fill up an entire DVD. Iirc it doesn't support multi-session, it doesn't have the most friendly "build image" etc., but that's not what it was designed for anyway.

For more friendly building, I usually use DeepBurner, since it's free :)

I used to be a fan of Nero, but they added so much crap in the recent versions.

Nighted:
I used to be a fan of Nero, but they added so much crap in the recent versions.
-f0dder (June 11, 2007, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ditto. ImgBurn user here.

Todd:
I have been using CDBurnerXP Pro.  Found at http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ and the price is way right!

Beth UK:
I'm really late to this thread but I'd like to suggest a light but powerful app called Complex Evolution. As a refugee from the totally bloated Nero I wanted something to run on Vista and XP that just burned disks... and then some!

Anyway - Complex Evolution (kind of cool name!) retails at £29.95 and does this:

* burn data cd and dvd from files and folders

* burn data cd and dvd from iso image files

* burn data cd and dvd in UDF format

* burn multisession cd and dvd discs

* create and burn bootable cd and dvd discs

* burn data cd and dvd discs from Alcohol mds image files

* erase rewritable cd and dvd discs

* burn audio cd discs with from wav, mp3, wma and ogg files

* burn audio cd with cd-text

* burn dvd video discs from dvd media content of higher compatibility with hardware dvd players

* burn VideoCD and SuperVideoCD discs

* verify cd and dvd discs after burning

* copy data, audio, video cd and dvd discs

* raw cd copying

* create iso image files both from files, folders, cd and dvd drives and dvd media content

* create Alcohol mds image files from cd and dvd discs

* rip audio files from audio cd

* save track (one or more) from cd/dvd disc

* burn cd and dvd discs without administrative rights under 2000/XP/Vista with our StarOpen driver. This driver provides CD/DVD access for any user regardless of Security Policies.

It's also quite pretty to look at, and works!

http://www.complexnt.com/

Nikson!:
It depends on what features you are looking for. Basic burning and ISO capabilities? Or something else. I would recommend looking for a good program like Audio CD Burner Studio that supports Vista. As for me I use my burning software with only one purpose - to burn only mp3, wav and wma files to audio cd. And this program satisfied me a hundred percent. Because it's very easy to use, handy and writes files quickly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version