ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DivX Pro for free

<< < (7/7)

Darwin:
Simplest solution then is to use some imaging software to backup the old hard disc (something like Acronis TrueImage will do that from a bootable CD so you don't need a working windows - in fact you can use that to back up at file level too - though it would be incredibly slow).
--- End quote ---

You could head over to vnunet.com and download Paragon Drive Copy 8 Personal SE. It *looks* like the links are still active (if not contact me off thread as I took advantage of this offer and have never had any use for it - I have Acronis True Image 9 Home and 9.1 Workstation so never even installed the Paragon product). These imaging apps are really quite easy to use...

Two other alternatives for you (that shouldn't require an IT person to sort it out for you): 1. bung the old drive into a free bay in your new XP machine and access it that way (you can probably just delete all of the program files and windows installation while leaving the files that you want, and use the disk for storage) or 2. buy a cheap 3.5" external enclosure and connect it to your new machine. Then all you need to do is navigate to it in Explorer and copy over whatever data you want. It's REALLY EASY (I've done this both ways!).

Good luck - Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version