ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Returnil Virtual System

<< < (6/9) > >>

steeladept:
@Darwin - Download the new FARR and use fcalc -

$39.95 - 5.99 != 29.96

$39.95 - 5.99 == 33.96

Though I do now see that the original cost was $35.95 so your total was right.  Never mind, it is almost midnight and the newborn insists on keeping me up to post to you  :D :Thmbsup:

Darwin:
Never mind, it is almost midnight and the newborn insists on keeping me up to post to you
--- End quote ---

;D

Happy Days!

Curt:
Got a prompt response from Faronics about maintenance costs for single purchases of DeepFreeze. Here is the response ...:

The cost of our Maintenance package is basically 20% off the total cost of your license. For example, if you buy 1 copy of the Deep Freeze Standard with 1-year maintenance included at $35.95, 20% off that price would be $5.99, which would be the price to pay to renew that maintenance package the following year. If you buy 3 licenses at $107.85 total, the price of the Maintenance Package for all three would be $17.97.
--- End quote ---
-Carol Haynes (June 11, 2007, 03:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it is quite a bummer, she made, so the example becomes very important, quote: "if you buy 3 licenses at $107.85 total, the price of the Maintenance Package for all three would be $17.97".
So of not off.  8)

Carol Haynes:
Wow! 20% of the purchase price per year for maintenance is SWEET! I ASSUME (yes, I know, this makes an ASS out of U and ME) that where the Faronics rep has written

1-year maintenance included at $35.95, 20% off that price would be $5.99, which would be the price to pay to renew that maintenance package the following year.
--- End quote ---

OFF = OF? Otherwise rather than paying $5.99 per year for maintenance one would be looking at $39.95 less $5.99, which would be $29.96.

Just curious.
-Darwin (June 11, 2007, 10:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

LOL - 20% off is correct - the original price is the cost of the software + 20% for the first year of maintenance.

If you work out: ($39.95 / 120) * 20 you get $5.99 for the maintenance.

Carol Haynes:
Yes, it is quite a bummer, she made, so the example becomes very important, quote: "if you buy 3 licenses at $107.85 total, the price of the Maintenance Package for all three would be $17.97".
So of not off.  8)
-Curt (June 12, 2007, 04:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope - $107.85 already includes 20% for the first year of maintenance - that means the $107.85 consists of the software cost of $89.88 and the maintenance of $17.97 (which is 20% of $89.88).

So it is OFF not OF

It is just a very confusing way of pricing - it would be much more transparent and easy to understand if they simply said three copies of the software costs $89.88 + 20% annual maintenance subscription which is compulsory in the first year (but the software continues to work if you don't take out maintenance in subsequent years).

By the way I asked because I have three computers and there didn't seem to be any discount for multiple purchases on the webstore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version