ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DoCo Reading Week June 8, 2007 - Join In!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Darwin:
OK:

Papers (this is a list of some of the papers that I have sitting on my desk, in various stages of having been read):

* Smith, C. I., A. T. Chamberlain, et al. (2003). "The thermal history of human fossils and the likelihood of successful DNA amplification." Journal of Human Evolution 45(3): 203-217.

* Carson, E. A. (2006). "Maximum likelihood estimation of human craniometric heritabilities." American Journal of Physical Anthropology 131(2): 169-180.

* Sepulchre, P., G. Ramstein, et al. (2007). "H4 abrupt event and late Neanderthal presence in Iberia." Earth and Planetary Science Letters 258(1-2): 283-292.

* Weaver, T. D., C. C. Roseman, et al. (2007 - in press). "Were neandertal and modern human cranial differences produced by natural selection or genetic drift?" Journal of Human Evolution: 1-11.

* Terhune, C. E., W. H. Kimbel, et al. (2007). "Variation and diversity in Homo erectus: a 3D geometric morphometric analysis of the temporal bone." Journal of Human Evolution 53(1): 41-60.

* Zilhão, J. (2006). "Neandertals and Moderns Mixed, and It Matters." Evolutionary Anthropology 15: 183-195.
Books:

* Harvati, K. and T. Harrison, Eds. (2006). Neanderthals Revisited: New Approaches and Perspectives. Vertebrate Paleobiology and Paleoanthropology. Dordrecht, Netherlands, Springer.

* Mayr, E. (1963). Animal Species and Evolution. Cambridge, MA, The Belknap Press of Harvard University Press.
For fun I am reading:
Jones, S. (2000). Almost Like a Whale: The Origin of Species Updated. London, Black Swan.

Strikethrough means I've finished reading it... Everything else is in the queue, although I'm well into all of the books - just about finished "Almost Like a Whale"

Happy reading everyone!

Whoops! Almost forgot: just read "The Three Little Pigs" and "Jack and the Beanstalk" - it's bedtime here!

Grorgy:
Dont know how you could even almost forget those literary classics Darwin.  ;D  (Dont have any baba the elephant do you?  :-[)

Darwin:
No, sadly, no Baba the elephant (or was that meant to be Babar? If so, again no, but it would be a huge hit - good idea, actually). I AM trying to interest my reading audience in my old Rupert the Bear Annuals, but they are pretty fixed in three streams: Dr. Seuss, Korean kids books (I read them to them but have no idea what I am reading - sometimes I just free associate in English, but that doesn't last long because my audience has cleverly memorized the proper Korean text - and the classics mentioned above and others of their ilk.

lanux128:
do audio books count? i'm listening to Pimsleur's Foreign Language series now..

cranioscopical:

Darwin:  Papers... I'm well into all of the books
Happy reading everyone!
--- End quote ---

I wouldn't understand some of the material on your list but I hope to climb to that level some day...I tried "The Three Little Pigs" but my finger kept moving off the line, so I had to give up.

This week my stuff's mostly fluff
Lee Child "Bad Luck And Trouble"
John Sandford "Invisible Prey"
Michael Connelly "The Overlook"
(and a bunch of corporate background/strategy papers)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version