ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DivX Pro for free

<< < (4/7) > >>

lanux128:
yes, the link above is directed to normal downloads. it's quite possible the offer has expired.. never mind, there's always a next time.. ;)

Curt:
Guess I am too slow...I can't find anywhere where the offer may be. -steeladept (June 08, 2007, 10:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it is gone. Maybe because DivX was updated today:

I think it is cool that we "all" (exept steeladept, obviously) had it on the very last day it was free! Only; if I could pull myself together and find (and pay) a PC mechanic, then I have DivX PRO on the old Win2K machine too. But for now the tower is just standing in corner, laughing at me.

Darwin:
Updates shouldn't matter - as noted, I got DivX free a couple of years ago in a similar promotion and have been receiving the updates free ever since...

Curt, what's wrong with your Win2k tower (or do you need the PC mechanic because you don't know)?

Curt:
In short: Explorer will crash at every start, also in safe mode, so I can't get into Win2K any "normal" way. The OS was fully updated, so it didn't help to feed it an installation CD, and there is no space or money for upgrading it to XP Pro. W2K cannot upgrade to XP Home.

app103:
W2K cannot upgrade to XP Home.
-Curt (June 10, 2007, 10:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

that is true...but...

if you have an old 9x cd, you can do a clean install of xp home upgrade and insert the 9x disc when it asks for the qualifying OS cd.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version