ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR v2 Tricks and Tips Clinic

<< < (2/4) > >>

JennyB:
How does the line of code relate to what you would put in the text boxes if you were defining the aliases yourself?
--- End quote ---
here's the screenshot:
-mouser (June 08, 2007, 06:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, that clears things up a bit. I've just checked the "display preformatted aliases for copying" function on "Import and Export"

One entry per line
>>> starts group alias name
>-> starts Result(s)
>n> starts new line in results
>+> starts regular expression pattern

What do you use for Result Filter or Hotkey shold you need to specify them?

could you back up a bit and recommend a simple reference to regexes as used in Farr for people who are not used to working with them?
--- End quote ---
http://www.regular-expressions.info/
--- End quote ---

Thanks. Very useful!  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
im going to change the import and export format to use xml like the new alias files use, so this import and export format may not be very important to remember, but you can see the hotkey and result filter format simply by "exporting" an alias with those things.

basically its:

SCORE>>>NAME>->RESULTS>+>REGULAREXPRESSION>/>HOTKEYNUMBER>#>REGEXRESULTFILTER

cthorpe:
I have two program files locations.  One is at C:\Program Files and the other is at D:\Program Files.  Would it be possible to have the pf alias search both locations?

Carl

mouser:
to "search" in those places, you could add both directories to the search directories tab, and add the "pf" modifier to both.

then if you wanted to search in both places for a file you would do:
"+pf filename"

the dosearch alias example above is for directory BROWSING, not for normal searching (so no you cant combine both folders since its really browsing the directories).

JennyB:
im going to change the import and export format to use xml like the new alias files use, so this import and export format may not be very important to remember, but you can see the hotkey and result filter format simply by "exporting" an alias with those things.

basically its:

SCORE>>>NAME>->RESULTS>+>REGULAREXPRESSION>/>HOTKEYNUMBER>#>REGEXRESULTFILTER
-mouser (June 08, 2007, 06:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

<slaps head>
Thanks mouser, I've been out of the testing loop for a while, revising for final BSc exams. The download link seems to have changed - can you send me the new one?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version