ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The top 10 dead (or dying) computer skills

<< < (2/2)

pro3carp3:
Assembler will not go away as it is the foundation of all other languages.  In fact, interest in assembly programming is on the rise as indicated by the number of web sites devoted to it.

wraith808:
I am about to learn C for the purpose of developing software for my pocket pc. I can't do it in Delphi.  :(
-app103 (June 05, 2007, 01:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, but you can do it in C#.  Why baseline C?  Does it even deploy to the Compact Framework?

rjbull:
I am about to learn C for the purpose of developing software for my pocket pc. I can't do it in Delphi.  :(
--- End quote ---

You have other choices, like CASL, which claims to be like Basic, and will compile for both Palm and Pocket PC.  You might have more trouble finding libraries, though.

[Edit]
I just realised it's expensive...  $299 (but no runtime fees)
[/Edit]

app103:
--- End quote ---

No, but you can do it in C#.  Why baseline C?  Does it even deploy to the Compact Framework?
-wraith808 (June 06, 2007, 10:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have an old Jornada 540 with WinCE 3.0...c# is not an option...C and VB 6 are. (no, no, no..I will not work with VB 6 ever again, if I can help it!)

There are some things I want for my pocket pc that are not and have never been available. The only choice I have is to make it myself.

So now is as good a time as any to learn C. I am sure the knowledge won't go to waste once I have written what I need.

Laughing Man:
I think the only thing I even know well is coldfusion..and that's because I had to work with it, last summer when I was working as an intern in the Society for Neuroscience's IT department.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version