ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

how to reduce pagefile usage?

<< < (4/10) > >>

cmpm:
If you really want to defrag your pagefile, set it to no paging file, reboot then set your paging file to system manged or whatever your preferences are. Reboot. You then have a fresh paging file system.

Darwin:
ha ha - thanks cmpm! Nice idea and just as easy as using a professional level defragger as in either case you're looking at a reboot anyway.

Carol, it's been a long time since I messed around with my paging file and I note that at the moment I have a fixed 50 MB (not a typo) custom sized paging file on my Windows and programs partition and a set 2048 MB (this is double my RAM - not sure why I did that) paging file on my documents partition, which is on the same physical drive. I'm off to create a 1536MB paging file on my Windows partition and to remove the paging file on the Documents partition.

urlwolf:
Thanks to all who contributed.
I ended up buying 1gb ddr 333 ram for an outrageous 76 euro (!).
This is probably more than what I paid for my installed 1gb when I bought it in the US 1.5 years ago.

You gotta love EU prices.

Lashiec: I cannot install DDR2 on my dell 600m. It's not that cheap, though, I asked and it's 50 euro.

Darwin:
urlwolf - ddr 333 RAM is what I have to run in my notebook - is your Dell a notebook, too? Did you pay 76 euros for a gig stick or two 512's? Enquring minds want to know...

:-[ ddr 266... RAM.

Darwin:
I'm chatting with Gateway now - apparently I CAN install 2GB RAM. Biting nails, drumming fingers on desk, sweating profusely, I'd be chain smoking if I smoked. Should I, or shouldn't I? OK, moot point - everyone knows that I will!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version