ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Humour - how about a giggle column ...

<< < (3/4) > >>

jgpaiva:
Here's an e-mails i got not much time ago:

Here's the Earth, Mars, Venus, Mercury and Pluto:

Now Jupiter, Saturn Uranos and Neptune compared to those:

And here's the Sun, compared to all of them:

Do you still think you're that important? :D

(please don't take that personally ;) )

Carol Haynes:
When I used to teach young children I would get the kids outdoors to do the size of the planets. The Sun was a large beachball, Jupiter was a tennis ball and the Earth a tiny green lentil. We then used to set about getting the scale right, which meant the Sun and the Earth had to be about 30 metres apart (and from that distance you couldn't see the Earth). Unfortunately the playground wasn't big enough to get Jupiter in the right place on that scale!!

Certainly puts things in perspective.

Carol Haynes:
Don't know how many american were aware or the late great Kenny Everet. He was a notorius DJ for the BBC in the 70s and 80s who had the distinction of being sacked on numerous occasions for being too outragous. Needless to say he had a loyal following (me included) and the BBC always had to chase after him to get him back!

A new podcast has just been released of his ongoing 'serial' item of Captain Kremmen ... give it a go - you'll be hooked ;)

See http://www.creationpodcasts.com/index.php?cat=captainkremmen for details

rjbull:
If your mind is in need of a boggle, try the The Definitive Exploding Whale Site

I owe this one to Kay Shapero, who wrote a filk (science fiction folk song) about it.

Carol Haynes:
Gross - but very funny - serves them right doesn't it ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version