ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Finally, an answer to the garbage problem

(1/1)

app103:
Joseph Longo's Plasma Converter turns our most vile and toxic trash into clean energy—and promises to make a relic of the landfill.

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/science/873aae7bf86c0110vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html

f0dder:
That sounds pretty darn cool!

And this quote is just great :-*
“You can’t rely on the customer to tell you what they put in,” Longo says. “Sometimes they don’t know, sometimes they lie, and sometimes they’ve thrown in live shotgun shells from a hunting trip. That’s why it’s imperative that the Plasma Converter can take in anything.”

--- End quote ---

Even without the syngas output, just being able to get rid of garbage in a pretty clean way is fantastic, imho. So, what's the catch?

cthorpe:
That sounds pretty darn cool!
Even without the syngas output, just being able to get rid of garbage in a pretty clean way is fantastic, imho. So, what's the catch?
-f0dder (June 04, 2007, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well... From the article:
To put me at ease, Longo calls in David Lynch, who manages the demonstration facility.

--- End quote ---

Ah, so that's it.  The catch is that everything will be going well one minute, and then suddenly nothing else will make any damn sense, and we'll all have a hard time explaining what in the world just happened.

:)

f0dder:
Haha, I did snicker a bit about "David Lynch" myself. You reckon there will be a reactor meltdown creating a really bizarre parallel universe with dwarves eating cream-of-corn?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version